Monday, December 1, 2008

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Subject Matter!

I am the author of the new book entitled FLASHBACK:Vietnam: COVER-UP: PTSD (ISBN 1-4241-8983-7). My memoir concerns the terrible nature of war and the cost of battle to an individual. The cost is enormous and often spans decades. For some people the battle does not have an ending; a nightmare that goes on and on many times resulting in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. FLASHBACK:Vietnam is the story of Rob Thomas, who served as a Navy Hospital Corpsman "Doc" with a detachment of Marines, during SOG Operation Sunrise in 1970. Rob's comrades-in-arms gave their lives but the mission was not successful; therefore knowledge of "Sunrise" is not acknowledged by the powers that be but rather it has been said that there is "NO RECORD." ENJOY THE READ!!!

3 comments:

  1. PTSD Not God's Judgment

    Your video is a powerful expression of love for fallen comrades and those of us, who are left behind. Please go to Google Book Search and read 60 pages of Alan Thomas' memoir entitled FLASHBACK:Vietnam:COVER-UP:PTSD. If you find it to be a good read; then purchase a copy from one of the bookstore links there. I lost my job after serving in the position for more than 20 years. My employer told me that "it is just business" but I suspect it is related to my service connected PTSD absence from work in 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good book, from a different perspective.
    Most Viet Nam era books are written by people who wanted to be there, this is the first I’ve read by an author who was basically a “peace freak” - so he became a corpsman. I met several Navy Corpsmen when I was there - they were dedicated to their job and displayed more courage than the average soldier, more than I think I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a retired Army Nurse, I have seen the devastation that PTSD can cause, up close, in my own family. I truly hope that your book can enlighten many to the long term effects of war. I especially hope some insight will be provided to the medical professionals who call themselves psychologists and their associated therapists who "do not have a clue" and who so often do not practice what they preach. May they take the time to read and learn from this absorbing memoir.

    L.D. Stone, LTC, AN (ret)

    ReplyDelete